Germany in the Corona-crisis has been significant, Although infected more than 150,000 people with Sars-CoV-2, but the number of the Corona of the dead is something more than 5500 relatively small. Virologist Christian Drosten warns, however, against too great carelessness, and the further loosening of the lock downs and is now looking with concern to Germany.
In a television Interview with the ORF, a virologist Drosten of the Charité hospital in Berlin, emphasized that he was speaking in his assessments, always as a Bio-scientist and not as a citizen or politician. Further relaxations of the restrictions in the public life of the 48 warns-Year-old strongly. He also takes the citizen to the visor. The infection numbers would rise again slightly and this was “may be seen in connection with the Easter weekend”, “where perhaps in spite of contact block some people have taken it so strictly”. Take this for the next few weeks a lot of uncertainty, because the effects of relaxations after Easter not to pay even in the current Infection are priced.
- Read also: All the News about the Coronavirus pandemic in the Live-Ticker
How, for example, the Opening of shops for up to 800 square feet of impact, or the human interpretation of the relaxed measures, it was necessary to observe. If you now open for example, all charging lines, because the stores comply with the provisions laid down, had much more of an audience than in a single Load. The virologist warns therefore before the effects that were not intended by the policy. “Whether it will now pay a second wave, as I has been shortened, or an Increase of the Infection to a non-acceptable level is: We have to expect something like that now, unfortunately,” says Drosten. The virologist, stressed that he was well aware that it is very harmful for the economy, if one takes measures very hard. But he was speaking as a scientist.
Relaxation in the summer, but no immunity
The summer will still help. The combination of solar radiation, dryness and a lot of time of people out in the open could lead to less infections. However, this also meant that the population would build up less and less immunity for the Winter. “Then again, the Lockdown could face,” said Drosten.
To a vaccine virologist believes, but not in the next time – at the earliest in a year, Drosten expects. “The question is, how’s it going up there.” He also relies on the unknown effects of the still underdeveloped lung disease, a so-called background immunity, could have built people of previous cold corona viruses. Also in the NDR Podcast "The Coronavirus-Update" had expressed Drosten already in detail on this.
Reported corona virus cases in Germany (click on your state)
Summer activities advises Drosten, nevertheless, with caution exercise. “De facto safe” it is out there. But “overall, movement and sports are, of course, something Good,” says the virologist. By the dilution in the air is an aerosol component in the Free “less for Wear” in the opposite half or full hour periods in enclosed spaces with many people. Before contact-intensive sports warns Drosten.
Mask is compulsory in Germany: carry and clean your Mouthguard properly
PCP mask of duty in Germany: How to wear and clean your Mouthguard properly
Virologist Drosten sees Sweden’s path as failed
The liberal model, the Sweden currently ride looks Drosten rather critical. “The truth lies in the middle. You saw a lot of people on the street, but the inherent sense of responsibility in Sweden is much higher. But we see in these days, that has apparently passed.
The mortality rate goes rapidly to the top.“ Therefore, Sweden will intensify now his measures, and was, ultimately, the Corona of the crisis, later than, for example, Germany and Austria – “only with a lot more dead”.
Corona-the Podcast of virologist Drosten twice per week
The successful NDR Podcast with the Charité-virologist Christian Drosten, there is, in the future, twice a week. The presenter Korinna Hennig said in the 35. A result of the "Coronavirus-Update" from the Friday.
It was said justified the further slowing of the rhythm with the high work effort: Drosten, at the beginning of the Format, he can get much knowledge, in the meantime, he need for the discussion of new scientific studies, more time to prepare. He wanted to maintain a high level of quality. Finally, the Podcast appeared three times a week, at the beginning of each working day.
Read also: loosening and tightening of the rules apply as of tomorrow: What are the rules, what are the changes?
Surf-tip: Professor Christian Drosten: What do you know about the Coronavirus expert should
Masks sew it yourself: firefighters released a simple Video guide
FOCUS Online/News5 masks sew it yourself: firefighters released a simple Video guide
Friendliness, despite the mask of duty: How to smile properly with the #eyes
FOCUS Online friendliness, despite the mask of duty: How to do it right with the #eyes are smiling
- The causative agent of Sars-CoV-2 is not only passed by droplet or smear infection. The researchers already know. Also when you Exhale Sars are set-CoV-2-virus-free. With tiny air particles float through the air, and much longer than previously suspected. More you can read here.
- Healthy can affect Sars-CoV-2 little. Others develop severe lung inflammation, must take on the intensive care unit, machines your breathing. Pulmonologist Klaus F. Rabe explains whether Corona patients with a result, it can cause damage and who should leave his lungs in spite of mild symptoms to investigate. More you can read here.
- Experts and politicians strive to keep the reproduction rate as low as possible and to reduce more and more. Last week, the number was 0.7, and the RKI has announced a new value of 0.9. However, the apparent increase is to be regarded with caution. More you can read here.
- Each Individual and ultimately, we as a whole society: All would like to be immune against the novel Coronavirus. But how can people be that? What experts about our immune system, immunity against Sars-CoV-2, and the herd immunity up to date. More you can read here.